Because of a pandemic, selling a technological device is very hard these days. Everyone wants to brand new Xbox. To prevent viruses. That’s why a few people accomplish to sell their Xbox. However, they have another problem waiting to solve. When people sell their Xbox, they should factory reset and their Xbox. Unless people make a factory reset, their customers may steal their private information like credit card information. To prevent this type of problem, we created a detailed guide about How To Factory Reset Xbox 360.
How to backup your Xbox 360 data
When people factory reset Xbox 360, they will lose their valuable data. That’s why, Before we start the factory reset on our Xbox 360, We may want to back up our data. To keep it or maybe transfer it on their Pc. To do that, you should follow the steps listed below.
- Plug your USB or HDD into Xbox 360 USB slot.
- Before pressing the guide button on your controller, you need to open the home screen.
- Open the settings.
- In the settings menu, you need to choose the system settings option.
- Enter the storage section.
- You need to point out your console hardware and press the “y” button.
- Choose the “Transfer Content Option. After that, you need to select your USB drive.
- After selecting files to backup, you need to press the “Start” button. Because of old hardware, the backup process will take some time. Please take a cup of coffee, wait for the backup process.
If you have another problem with your Xbox, you can check out our other detailed articles.
How To Factory Reset Xbox 360
Before we start to factory reset, we strongly recommend that you backup your precious data. You need to follow the basic steps are listed below.
Factory resetting your Xbox 360 is a relatively simple process. If you follow the steps listed above, you will accomplish it easily.
- Firstly, you need to open “Home Screen”. After that, you need to press the “Guide” button on your Xbox 360 controller.
- When the Main Menu appears, you need to choose the “settings” option located at the top.
- After you open the settings, there will be many options. You need to choose the system choice located upper left corner.
- In the settings menu, you need to press “system settings”.
- Choose a storage option.
- You will see the devices and drives connected to your Xbox 360. In this menu, you need to choose Xbox 360’s hardware. You should press the “Y” button on your controller. When you do that, it will open device options.
- After choosing the format button, you need to press the “A” button on your Xbox 360 controller.
- You need to choose the “yes” option.
- In the “format hard drive” screen, you select “Enter Serial Number“.
- You need to type your console’s serial number in prompt, then press the “start” button on your Xbox 360 controller.
- You will see the formating in progress message in the progress bar. After the progress is finished, you will return home screen.
That’s it. Preparing your Xbox 360 for selling can seem to be a thought process. I hope that this detailed article about How To Factory Reset Xbox 360 makes it easy. If you have any problem, please write us in the comment section.