How to solve the “administrator approval required for installation” error on the Xbox app. Here’s your solution guide.
Microsoft‘s gamer-friendly subscription service offers more than 250 games at a fixed price. With the acquisition of ZeniMax and Bethesda, the Xbox Game Pass library offers some of the most influential titles in the video game world. Subscribers of the service will also get the play numerous new games on their launch day in the future. During Xbox and Bethesda showcase, we learned that out of 30 games, 27 titles will be available on Game Pass as well.
Though it is an amazing service, Xbox app users usually encounter problems and dreaded error codes. The PC version of the application, unfortunately, is not very stable, which results in lots of errors and technical problems. Although Microsoft releases new updates on a regular basis in order to fix these, this has become a usual pattern for PC users.
How to Solve “Administrator Approval Required for Installation” Error?
Players have a hard time resolving this particular issue that comes when they simply want to install a game from the Game Pass library. As there is not a specific solution on the internet, we have gathered different solution methods in this list to provide you with an extensive guide.
Most of the games on Xbox Game Pass have the following statement that you can see below. Even though you run the application as an administrator, the software does not recognize your rights to install a certain game. Some users have found a workaround and managed to avoid this dreaded error code. Though we should note that the solutions below might not apply to everyone. Yet again, there is no harm in trying until Microsoft shares a fix.
Method 1: Change the Startup Preference of Xbox Services to Automatic
The error code 0x00000001 refuses to install the games as it does not recognize the user as an admin. In order to solve this problem, we are going to make small adjustments in Xbox services and ensure that they are functioning after startup.
- Go to Services by typing Services to Windows Search Bar. You can also use the Run window and type services.msc.
- On the window, find the following services by hitting X.
- Xbox Accessory Management
- Xbox Live Auth Manager
- Xbox Live Game Save
- Xbox Live Networking Service
- Right-click on these services to open the Properties window.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down list.
- Apply the same method for each of these services.
After you complete the steps do not forget to restart your computer to see the effects.
Method 2: Delete and Install Gaming Services Application from Microsoft Store
Gaming Services, hence the name, is an application for gaming. Though this particular application comes with its own unique problems. When you want to update it from Microsoft Store, the update refuses to download and results in more frustration. To restart gaming services and hope that it resolves the error code, you can follow the steps below:
- Open your Registry Editor by typing regedit to Windows search bar. You can also use WIN + R to open Run window and type regedit.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services
- From that window, find these two files: GamingServices and GamingServices.net and remove them.
- Go to this link and try installing Gaming Services from Microsoft Store again.
Hopefully, the application will be installed in your system without any problems. Now you can restart your PC to see the effects.
After these methods, the Xbox app administrator approval required for the installation issue should be resolved. If you solved the issue by using another method, please let us know in the comments. Also, feel free to share provided that these methods proved useful.