Apex Legends Patch 1.70 – Apex Legends is arguably one of the best battle royale games right now. With a growing fan base and at least 1 million daily players worldwide, it is quickly becoming one of the best free-to-play shooter games in the world.
If you logged into Apex Legends recently, you might have noticed “another” update that needs to be updated before you can play the game. And for many of you who have already started playing season 9, you might have already guessed what this patch is all about — Valkyrie. If movement is one of the most important aspects of Apex Legends, then having a jetpack to help you out would almost certainly feel like a huge unfair advantage. So what is new? Let’s break that down right now.
Valkyrie Nerf Summary
In patch 1.70, we see some tweaks for her jetpack passive ability in an effort to stop some players from abusing it too much. For those who aren’t familiar with her abilities, holding down her tactical while hovering would give her long periods of hover time. This is due to the fuel consumption rate at only 10% of the normal usage. Due to this seemingly unfair advantage, Respawn has opted to nerf her tactical ability by increasing the general fuel consumption.
In addition to Valkyrie’s nerf, Respawn made some minor fixes and improvements for the Switch version of the game and added in some further developments in the Arenas mode and stability issues.
Here’s the full breakdown of Patch 1.70:
Apex Legends Update 1.70 Patch Notes
- Respawn recently fixed an issue where switch players were booted from their current game due to a system clock manipulation.
- Added a missing confirmation message after purchasing the Bloodhound x Lifeline edition (always more reassuring when you get that confirmation page)
- Hovering while using Valk’s tactical now consumes the same amount of fuel compared to hovering while not using her tactical. This is a balance change meant to address Valkyrie players staying out of the fight for extended periods of time in late-game circles. If you have ever gone against a Valkyrie this season, you know this is good news.
- Fixed the “Wins X rounds in Arenas” Challenges not tracking wins correctly
- Fixed a flickering issue caused by Legends with light effects in the lobby.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
If you like Apex Legends, check out Gears 5 Operation 7.