According to a post today on Xbox News Wire, MLB The Show 21 will be releasing on Xbox One and X/S on April 20th, 2021. If you are a fan of the critically acclaimed baseball series, before you know it you will be loading up your console and hitting home runs across your favorite fields. It was quite an odd year for all professional sports, but players and fans did what they needed to do to move baseball forward. In 2019, Sony, who own the franchise announced that there was a multi platform partnership in the works.
This game has always been a long term Playstation exclusive according to a post by Eurogamer and it’s a huge deal that it will be coming to Xbox, where many fans choose to play their games.
MLB The Show 21 – Announcement YouTube Video -Fernando Tatis Jr:
According to the Xbox website, you can Pre-Order The Show 21 for $69.99 which will include:
- MLB™ The Show 21™ (XBOX Series X|S™).
- 10 The Show packs. 5K Stubs™.
- OWN THE SHOW – Experience faster, deeper and more intense action on the field, with several of game modes for all you rookie players and returning seasoned vets.
- Cross Platform Play and Progression
- Earn and spend content on any platform exclusing purchased stubs
- Feature Premiere streaming on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook Live
- 6 Feature Premieres planned
- Collector’s Editional will be Revealed on February 3rd, 2021
Statement from Xbox News:
“We’re also excited to share that, with our announced extension with MLB and MLB Players, MLB The Show 21 will be available — for the first time ever — on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. This is a very exciting moment for all of us as the storied franchise will be accessible to more gamers than ever before. We would like to thank everyone at PlayStation, Xbox, Major League Baseball, Major League Baseball Players Association, and the San Diego Studio for working diligently to bring MLB The Show to more players.”Xbox.com
Twitter reacted and there is excitement in the air. Fernando Tatis Junior who is only 22 years old will be the youngest player ever selected for the cover of an MLB game.