No Man’s Sky got an update, Prisms, on Xbox consoles this week. The game offers great features and additions with this update.
No Man’s Sky is available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S since November 2020. Since then, the game has a huge number of fans. However, there were some issues with the game as fans complained earlier. Prisms update seems like a great solution and indicates that the developer is listening to the gamers.
What Is No Man’s Sky About?
Here’s the synopsis:
“No Man’s Sky is an action-adventure survival game. It can be played from a first or third-person perspective which allows you to engage in four principles: exploration, survival, combat, and trading. You can basically find whatever you wish from this game. Also, it takes place in an infinite procedurally generated universe. The game lets you take the role of an alien humanoid explorer, Traveller. You start the game on a random planet with your suit, a jetpack, and a tool to use for many things. You can listen to the Atlas to guide you, even though the game is open-ended. Your choices are limitless and adventures are too. They’re all waiting for you to be a part of them.”
Abut Prisms Update
No Man’s Sky Update 3.5, Prisms takes the experience to a whole new level on Xbox consoles. In short, it offers various technologies and visual features. Let’s take a closer look at them.
- The developer added volumetric lighting to the game. You can feel the difference in vehicles, objects and even in the environment.
- Screen space reflection (SSR) technology is now Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One X. You will experience more depth in the environment. You can also see the effect in a lot of places of the game.
- They included more visual and audio warp effects.
- The number and quality of caves are improved. Also, you can see the benefits of improved lighting here too.
- New texture effects and depth are added, thanks to the parallax occlusion mapping system.
- You can see a larger variety of lifeforms to have as a companion.
All in all, we can say that this polished version is definitely worthy to look at.