Today, JGOD posted a video detailing in-depth analysis on a new bug we are seeing in the latest patch of Warzone. This is happening on all platforms including Xbox.
The Variable Zoom attachment for sniper rifles in Warzone is not showing any glint currently. This is 100% broken as it has always been that any scope more than 4x zoom has a sniper glint.
These issues are seen both in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer as well as Warzone.
Screenshots from JGOD
See the shots from JGOD’s video below to see for yourself. We’ve left the timestamp of his YouTube video in the shots so you can see exactly where it came from.
Standard HDR (No Attachments) – Showing Glint
HDR With Variable Zoom Scope – No Glint
JGOD Goes on to show many different sniper rifles in his video, confirming this is live in the game right now. Be sure to check out his video and “Like” it if you like this content, as all credit for this information and these screenshots should go to him.
Here are some more shots from his video showing clear examples:
Variable Zoom On HDR -NO GLINT:
Variable Zoom on Kar98 – NO GLINT:
FFAR and AUG Nerfed 4-6-2021
You may notice a quick, small, stealthy update on your Xbox today for Warzone. Activision quietly put out a small patch to slide through some key changes for the AUG and the FFAR. Major Gaming Publishers like Early Game, are also following this story.
You should see the AUG hit pretty hard as its recoil has been increased. This is very similar to the update rolled out weeks ago for the DMR which saw the use of the DMR plummet.
For the FFAR, it is most the aim-down-sight (ADS) speed that is getting a nerfed. Check it out in game and launch Warzone on your Xbox to see just how much of a nerf this might be. The update is to target it’s usability for short range fights. Activision is hoping that this change will allow SMGs to compete and have the upper hand in the immediate range fights, and allow FFAR to shine at mid-range.
Here are the full patch notes:
- The Camo Challenges for the “R1 Shadowhunter” now appear correctly for the Geometric, Flora, and Science Camo Categories.
- Cold War Tactical Rifle Charlie (This is the AUG)
- Recoil strength has been increased.
- Burst weapons ride a fine line between inefficient and oppressive. The intent of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity of being a powerhouse while making it a bit more difficult to wield. Right now we feel it is too easy to stay on target given how lethal it is. We will continue to monitor the performance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie and make additional changes if necessary.
- FFAR 1
- ADS speed has been decreased.
- The FFAR is a jack of all trades. It has the damage profile and range of an AR as well as the fire rate of an SMG. The FFAR’s wholesale efficacy has it edging out SMGs at ranges we’re not satisfied with. Ideally, the FFAR fulfills the role of a mid-range dominator while falling prey to weapons that excel in short-range engagements. We are bringing the FFAR a bit more in line with what you might expect from an AR—damage and range at the cost of handling.
- Rear Grip attachments that showed ADS speed pros should now properly increase ADS speed.
- Fixed a bug with the Groza where the 16.5” CMV Mil-Spec barrel would bypass damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug with the Ember Sighting Point where the XM4 and AK-47 had their ADS speed increased rather than decreased.
- Fixed a bug with the Salvo Fast Mag where the FFAR 1 and M16 were not having their ADS speed decreased.
- The Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor effects should now be pr