The folks on the Xbox Game Pass team must be in a giving mood, because they dumped a giant truckload of games announcements on the world today. Many of these titles will arrive within days. Some are a few weeks out. Did I mention the whole truckload thing? There are many, many games coming to Xbox Game Pass very soon. So many games.
Here they are:
- Carto (Console, PC) – Oct. 27
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Console, PC) – Oct. 29
- Five Nights at Freddy’s (Console, PC, Cloud) – Oct. 29
- Full Throttle Remastered (Console, PC) – Oct. 29
- Grim Fandango Remastered (Console, PC) – Oct. 29
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Cloud) – Oct. 29
- ScourgeBringer (Cloud) – Oct. 29
- Unruly Heroes (Console, PC, Cloud) – Nov. 5
- Celeste (Console, PC, Cloud) – Nov. 5
- Comanche (PC) – Nov. 5
- Deep Rock Galactic (Console, PC, Cloud) – Nov. 5
- Eastshade (Console, PC, Cloud) – Nov. 5
- Knights and Bikes (Console, PC) – Nov. 5
- Ark: Survival Evolved: Explorer’s Edition (Console, PC, Cloud) – Nov. 17
If you’re seeing a lot of Double Fine in there, you’re not crazy. Since the folks over at DF were acquired by Microsoft, it makes sense for the studio’s classic games to make their way to Xbox.
You’re also seeing in this list Microsoft’s apparent separation of Cloud as a distinct platform. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is getting a shout for its Cloud release, as is ScourgeBringer. Note that I’m using the term “Cloud” here and not Android, because — at some point — Microsoft is going to expand its Cloud Gaming offering to more devices. I happen to think using the term “Android” simply because that’s the only platform Cloud Gaming is on right now is pretty short sighted. But hey, that’s just me.
Be sure to mark these down in your calendar — especially Celeste, which is fantastic. In the meantime, I’ll get back to updating the Xbox Game Pass List. Lots of data entry ahead for me.